Sunday, March 20, 2011

Another Favourite Tool

One of my favourite tools that I want to share with you are called Machingers. They are used for machine quilting and thread painting. There are plenty of options out there that you can use but I believe that nothing compares to these. 

They come in a variety of sizes which is great  because the trick to making these work   the best is for you to get a good fit. You want them to fit like a second skin so there is no movement that you don't want.

I do a lot of work with a very stiff foundation so it is impossible to grip the item.

The tips of the fingers seem to be dipped in rubber which gives such good traction. 

The other great thing about the dipped fingers is that the gloves are reversible. You don't worry about which one you're grabbing for which hand but mostly it means they are reversible and so you get twice the wear out of them.
As you can see here all I need to do is put a bit of pressure with the tips of my fingers and the grip is so good I can move the piece around easily. 

If you aren't familiar with these do yourself a favour and check them out at your local quilt store, or Google them, they are widely sold.
Hope they work as well for you. :)
Have fun!

No comments: