Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fav New Toy



I went out to buy a new soldering iron and came home with a mini blow torch, and I love it!


The direct flame instead of a metal tip works so much faster and it's fueled with butane so no cord as well.....have I mentioned how much I love this thing?

I use a heat tool for creating fabric  for my purses.  Here's some pics of before and after.
Click on the pic for a close up view.























And here's some pics of the finished purses.  The torch worked really well on the organza for the flowers as well.




                                  I'm taking these to the craft show for the cruise ships tomorrow.

5 comments:

Sue Andrus said...

Hi Joan, I found your blog while surfing through the QA community. I love what you are doing with your new "toy". The finished purses are beautiful! Wishing you much success with your business, Your landscape pieces are beautiful!

Needleit said...

Thank you for your kind words and good wishes. :)

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Joan
I also found your blog by surfing through quilting arts. I just love the work you are doing with the blow torch. I have made a bag some time back using this technique and really loved it. You have inspired me to do some more now that I have almost finished my new collage.

suziqu's thread works said...

I also wanted to tell you how much I love your Blog header - so fresh and colourful!

Needleit said...

Hi, Thank you, it is a great technique isn't it? And I love how it's always fun to see what the new fabric looks like when you're done, always a surprise.