Friday, July 16, 2010

Journal Covers

I've always wanted to make a journal, they are very popular now so I thought I'd try them on my table down at the cruise ships. I started out with a very pretty fabric with metallic accents and then embellished it.


I had some wonderful cotton yarn from my weaving days, one of those items you hang on to and finally it's found it's new life. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it but it's a deep rich yarn of purple, teals and blues. I also had a softer pastel one with a nubby texture so I made a second color.


I used a varigated metallic thread zig zagged over top and along the edges. With the same thread I did a few decorative stitches across the fabric.
I used the same cord and ran it through the machine with a zig zag again using the same thread  adding a
 glass bead on the end. It created a very nice stable cord for
wrapping around a few times. I was lucky enough to find great buttons in my stash that worked great with everything.


I found the journal at the Dollarama, I just love that place it's amazing what you can find there. I thought it would be a nice size for carrying around.  They've done well so far so I think I'll try some more, maybe a different size next time.

2 comments:

Judy MacLean said...

I am impressed with this blog very nicely done. \Pictures are very professional product well done with nice colors. put me down for a free journal.

Needleit said...

Well I can wish you luck and we'll see how it goes :)
I had trouble finding your comment as you are not signed up as a follower, it's easy and I don't want you to miss out on other chances to win your journal ;) hope you and Jim had a wonderful holidays.